Monday, November 3, 2008

Birthday Weekend Part Three

Cake and Ice Cream~

By the third day, we were continuing the celebration. For dinner, E slurped spaghetti, which is one of her favorite meals. Daddy cleaned her up after dinner and we thought she looked fine, but when we saw the pictures, we realized she still had a light shade of red around her mouth. Oh great. So, now we know that we need to wash, scrub and exfoliate her face after spaghetti...especially if we're taking pictures.

For previous birthdays, we have chosen a theme that really describes E. Her first cake was a lion because E communicated by growling...ever since she was a month old.

This was my very first decorating experience. I tried to make it simple.

For her next birthday, I decided to go the big cookie route. We knew it had to be decorated with Pink Bear, her best friend, her beloved companion. She went everywhere with Pink Bear. Unfortunately, my amateur decorating skills went out the window this year and Pink Bear ended up looking like a pink pig. I was bummed. I ruined her birthday. I'm an awful mother.

The cookie sure was good though.

This year she has been watching and really loving a children's program on PBS called Super Why. To tell you the truth, I have also been loving this show. Each morning we're both excited to see Super Why, to sing songs, find super letters, and learn to solve our problems. E becomes a super hero "with the power to help" for the duration of the show and is eager to do her part to save the day. So naturally, this year I made a Super Why cake. It was a lot of fun and she was very excited to see Super Why at her birthday.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

You, my friend, are officially amazing. That Super Why cake is amazing. I'm impressed. Will you hire out for my birthday?

Andrew Morris said...

Your cake making reminds me of the youth day's with us around the kitchen with you and little S making brownies.

Hot Chocolate said...

Well done! Your decorating skills are improving! (I especially liked the story of the pink pig cookie). It's tough stuff. For Puddin's second birthday I did a butterfly cake. I was so looking forward to it. And I was so disappointed with the way it turned out. Frosting is a hard medium.

Kissable especially liked that you made Super Why black. :) (we all know flesh color is a hard one)

Happy belated birthday to E! Was it really three years ago? 'Bout time you guys came back out here I think.

Carolina Chocolate said...

Leave it to Kissable to say a wisecrack like that! Princess Pea would be the dark chocolate, Red Riding Hood would be vanilla. Super Why is in the middle. I had to make him a shade of chocolate. I thought about this guys.

And I thought you did a great job on the butterfly. I was impressed.

Three years. It's crazy.