Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Egg-static

My boys communicate. They communicate very well for not being able to say very much. They make plans together and the second mommy leaves the room a plan goes into action...as fast as possible. W works out the details- when, where, what objects need brute force. O agrees to every plan ever made because he loves the adventure.

I can't tell you how many times I have walked into the kitchen to see food splattered and smooshed onto the floor...the chairs...the benches...the counters...I've had gallons of milk, yogurt, tomatoes, bananas, cottage cheese, crackers, and more splattered everywhere. The tomatoes were bad. The milk upset me, especially after the third gallon was sloshed around. But O loves to go for the eggs. Perhaps because they crack and ooze. I get the most upset over losing eggs.

I bake with those eggs! Isn't it great that they get thrown across the room on the very day I want to make chocolate chip cookies? Or the very day I decide to have eggs and biscuits for dinner? Plus, eggs are so difficult to clean up. Am I right?

Some of you may be thinking lock your fridge. Yeah, we thought of that too. Let me just say that O and his brute strength has remedied that situation. However, the lock we have on now seems to be holding so far. Unfortunately, the boys are watching intently as E operates it. I'm sure it's a matter of days before W has another plan. Some of you may also be thinking Why are you away from them so long? Well, I'm not. My mom can even testify that they are very quick and stealth in carrying out their plans. She had just walked into the living room to sit down when she realized there was milk being thrown all over the kitchen. Before she reentered the kitchen, the boys had not only danced in the puddles, but were slippin' and slidin'.

And that's just a food plan. There's a plan for every room in the house.



2 comments:

Shelby said...

i love it. i love it!

Nathan Lindsay said...

I'm thinkin' a metal chain with a combination lock.

;)

~A