Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Babes in Toyland

I've been the Nursery Leader at church for over a year now. It has it's ups and downs. 
The ups include:
*singing, dancing, playing musical instruments
*playing with toys
*eating snacks
*coloring and bubbles
*reverence walks through the church building
*teaching the babes simple gospel truths

The downs include:
*being mommy to two of the boys
*tears, snot, meltdowns
*poopy diapers that stink up the room (even if you get them out fast)
*secluded from other adults
*I don't have a helper (although, my dear husband comes in to help as much as he can)
*parents usually don't pick up their kids fast enough

 A few weeks ago, I finally got the music leader to visit Nursery for about 10 minutes. They LOVED it!  She has brought something different to play with each Sunday.
They sit on their little quilt square to learn a song and get so excited over the instruments.
O and Brody. Cheeser.
William and W. Cute.
W with the larger than you rain stick.
Goofy O shaking the maracas and Brody...well...he's uh...hmm...
I can't help but laugh when I see this picture.

1 comment:

Shelby said...

Cute. Your nursery looks so inviting. I'm glad that they are enjoying the music and you get a 10 minute break.