Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Funny Moments

After telling E several times to only pour a little bit of milk, she fills her glass almost to the top. After drinking just a fraction, she poured the rest into the sink.
Me: ...you won't be allowed to drink milk for a few days.
E: But my bones will get achy! They won't like that!

E barely ventured into the trees at the edge of the yard to retrieve golf balls.
She said, "Mommy, I went into the woods and I got scared because I couldn't get out. So, I prayed and I didn't see Heavenly Father anywhere."

E rushed into the house with a panicked look on her face. "Mommy! Daddy! O's been captured by humans!!" ( Have you seen Tinker Bell and The Great Fairy Rescue?)

E has been boycotting peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for quite awhile. Then she stopped eating peanut butter and honey. Then she stopped eating all types of sandwiches. Because of this, I've had to broaden my lunch menu. But for the most part, she is content with dinner left overs. However, Adam usually likes left overs for his lunch as well. One night after dinner, E was studying the food on the table and realized there was only enough food left over for one lunch. She said, "Daddy, I'm sorry, but you're going to have to eat a sandwich because this is MY lunch tomorrow."

While getting ready for bed, I asked E if she had already gone potty.
E: Yes.
Me: You did? When? (Not believing she had gone.) Did you go within the last few minutes?
E: Yes...I went downstairs. (Sees the doubt in my face) I did! Jesus knows I did!

After searching for the perfect song with the perfect drum beat, E declared it was the song Daddy will dance to at the beach condo. "Daddy, you're going to have to practice every Saturday and Sunday to make sure you're ready for the show."

No comments: