Monday, July 16, 2012

She's a Good Mix

March
Both H and I were losing our hair at an alarming rate. Everyone told me it was normal and it would grow back, but I was seriously concerned over my head of hair. I have thin hair as it is, so it was frightening to see huge clumps of hair come out in the shower every day and then shed it all day long.
 My body was still recovering and I often asked myself when I would feel normal again.
 Baby H and I were finally breastfeeding without a problem. There was a time when I thought I couldn't do it any longer. H was just not latching on well. It was painful. It was time consuming. I spoke with family, friends, and more than one lactation consultant. The advice given to me was stick with it, but do what you have to do for you and your family. I'm glad I stuck with it. It's been such an incredible experience.
 H seems to be a good mix of the two of us. People can't decide who she looks like. There are those who say she looks just like me and those who see A.
 Her eyes are still blue, but her hair is starting to lighten. E's eyes are blue. O's eyes are blue, however, he all of a sudden got a light brown streak in his left eye. W's eyes are a mystery. I think we have decided they are green, but they change depending on what he wears. They can be a gray color, a green, or a light brown.
 At 3 1/2 months, H was pleased as punch to sit up by herself in a seat.
 It made me feel better not having her on her back as much. She was forming a flat spot.
 Flat spot or not, she's still a cutie.
Especially when she gets dressed up in those pink ballet slippers with satin bows.

No comments: