Thursday, December 11, 2008

Her First Birthday Party

E was so excited to go to her friend's birthday party at the Children's Museum. All the kids had a great time exploring and then having cake and ice cream. I found it funny that there were more adults than children and we were all clicking our cameras in the excitement. Most cameras were on Avery, the birthday girl of course, but I found myself taking more of my own daughter... eager to capture another first.


She and Avery just talking away. E- Oooo, I like your cake. A- That's Dora. E- Wow.

Are there any other kids in the room? There's plenty, but E has some interesting things to say. E- My mommy went to the dentist. I'm gonna go to the dentist. Did you go to the dentist? A- No. I go to the Doctor. E- Did you get a poke? A- Nods head. E-Ooohhh, are you ok?

You think cake and ice cream might slow these two down? Nope. The conversation just got more entertaining.

All the kids finished eating...except E. So, everyone was whisked away to open a few gifts. Well, I thought it was so funny that at one point, this entire table was full of people eating and now there was just one. My little one. And good for her! She decided that finishing her chocolate ice cream was worth sitting by herself as everyone else gathered around the birthday girl and new toys. A true chocolate lover. That's my girl.

Look at these two...holding hands and just giggling away! They are so adorable.

3 comments:

Rich said...

hahaha, E is so cute!!

BTW - I read Tale of Desperaux and got City of Ember on CD. They were both excellent.

Rich said...

oh yeah, I read the Invention of Hugo Cabret as well. That was a neat book.

You should read: The Mysterious Benedict Society

Jason and Lacey said...

Oh my goodness... she is so funny! You captured it all very well with your photos. She looks so big and grown up sitting there at her first birthday party!