Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Thanksgiving

Ok, so I tend not to post directly after an event. We usually wait until the camera is full and then we upload everything at once. Even then I'm not promising a quick blog post. But, I'll eventually get to it. Today's post is Thanksgiving. Ahhh, the holiday to openly express our thanks to so many things...family and friends, home, car, job, our country, our freedom, our ancestors...there are so many things we are thankful for.

Our holiday was packed full of events that kept us on the go. We had a lot of family events that didn't leave much down time. Here are most in a nutshell.

*Family came to town and stayed with us for a week, which was great fun.
*Prepare food for Thanksgiving
*Family pictures- Sports attire this year and very casual.


*Thanksgiving football game



*The actual Thanksgiving meal for A's side of the family, which fed about 57 people this year. I'm not sure if that's the record or not, but we had A LOT of people there.
*A second Thanksgiving dinner at my family's home. And yes, we were stuffed.
*Aunt Rachel's wedding


*Pictures and wedding luncheon
*Shopping. Oh, and we also stopped to get Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory dipped apples.
YUM!
*Christmas tree chopping and picnic in the mountains were canceled due to the kids getting sick.
*Choosing Christmas trees on a lot near my parents' home with family


*Decorate my mom's tree
*Game Night with A's family
*
Sewing Christmas
*Decorate my own house and tree
*Made a traditional childhood paper chain for the Christmas countdown. E and I made it a little late, but she doesn't know that.
*
Work feverishly to get everything ready for the church Christmas Social
*Then just get feverish. A and I ended up getting sick from the kids.


And with all this rushing around, my Christmas Cactus bloomed! Looks good.

2 comments:

Rich said...

Hey, good to hear from you guys!!

Life is sure busy for you folks these days, we feel the exact same way. Must be something about 3 kids.

I love the sports themed picture! Merry Christmas guys!

Wishing I Was RETIRED! said...

Your Christmas Cactus looks Great. Your sisters envy you!