Friday, May 1, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy

Tomorrow is a very big day, a very big deal. So the past couple weeks have been pretty busy around here for us. Here are a few things:

-Shopping for new clothes...which can be frustrating when you can't find what want or need
-Sewing clothes for all the kids
-Sewing clothes for me
-Making decorations (banners, centerpieces, cards)
-Baking and assigning desserts
-Talking with lawyer
-Collecting all needed paperwork
-Creating and reviewing guest lists
-Getting a camera to make the video
-Getting "photographers"...and why is it that when you do plan to take pictures something always happens...your face breaks out, E bruises her cheek, or O, who is constantly moving, has an entire head full of bruises and scrapes. Why? Why
this week?

-Then aside from that, I have been working on the ward activity at the park, which is next week.
-A has started umpiring for the baseball season
-O is now a wobbly walker...hence the banged up face
-And my favorite...I hurt my knee. Silly me, I knelt down on the stair to talk to E and POP! I've gone to the dr. and they are inconsistent over it. An x-ray later, still inconsistent. So, I'm on prescription strength Ibuprofen and limping around here unable to lift my leg or put a lot of weight on it. I go back to the dr. in about a week if it feels the same. I'll probably need an MRI. This puts a slight damper on my big plans tomorrow.

-Anyway, back to happy news. As far as the
big plans....that'll be another post. ;)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope your knee doesn't slow you down for too long, I mean walking is an important part of chase your kids around. I can't wait to hear about the BIG DAY, so doen't wait too long to post.
Jane

Gordon, Jamie, Evelyn, Claire and Bonnie said...

You make me laugh, you make me cry! You must be trying out for SUPER MOM OF THE YEAR AWARD!!! Go take a bubble bath and have A bring you fresh strawberries and grapes to feed you!! Can't wait to see you tomorrow!!!

Nathan Lindsay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hot Chocolate said...

What? But you were going to run the marathon with me at the end of the month when you come out!!!

I kid. But I do hope you are feeling better...especially with your own marathon you are running.

We can't believe how much the kids are growing. We wish we weren't so far away so we could share these special times with you. And we hope the day turned out well. Love ya'll!!