Monday, May 4, 2009

Together Forever


Yip! This is our BIG news. This was our big plan for Saturday. Our adorable boys are officially ours and we had a wonderful experience being sealed together as a family. A lot of preparation went into this day and it was well worth it.

The weather was nice, the wait was long, the guests were patient, the clothes stayed white, naps were short, food was lacking, friends were all smiles, the party was a hit, and with all the craziness, the boys were absolutely AMAZING!


A big THANK YOU goes out to everyone who helped us out for the occasion. We greatly appreciate it. We loved seeing our friends and family there to share in our joy. To our friends, we wish we could have visited more! Hopefully, we can get together again soon.

We don't have all of our pictures yet, but when we do, I'll post more. Here are a few from our special day!






We love the gospel and the plan our Heavenly Father has for each of us. We truly believe that our children were meant to come to us, to be part of our family here on earth. We sincerely love our Birth Mothers who made the difficult decision to place their baby in our arms. They are strong women, full of love, who sought to give their baby more. "...One thing is for sure, and will be forever more, when such unselfish love has been given the world just made more room for heaven..."

"You didn't give me these feet, but you placed them on the right path.
You didn't give me my voice, but you taught me how to laugh.
You didn't give me these hands, but you taught them to open doors.
Look at all I am you'll see, I'm yours.

Do you think the ones who gave me life will ever know
The gift they gave to me by letting go.
I hope somehow that heaven will reveal
The depth of gratitude I'll always feel.

You didn't give me these arms, but you gave them a family to hold.
You didn't give me my body, but you've truly shaped its soul.

Your love has given me wings
And how my spirit soars
Knowing that I always will be yours
Forever and for always...I am yours"
~Michael McLean

"I have a family here on earth. They are so good to me. I want to share my life with them
through all eternity.
Families can be together forever through Heavenly Father's plan.
I
always want to be with my own family and the Lord has shown me how I can.
The Lord has
shown me how I can."
~Ruth M. Gardner

11 comments:

Rich said...

We love you guys!!! Congratulations and we'll plan on coming down to see you guys soon!

Carson Knaphus said...

I don't even know what to say, or where to start. *sigh* I am such a blubbering crybaby right now. I love you guys and W so much. I never thought I could make the decision I did, and you prove every day that I made the right one. Thank you for being such a wonderful family for my little boy! I couldn't have asked for more.

Oh yes...David and I are engaged!

Grammybumble Bee said...

We are so excited that your family is complete. How great to see you and those beautiful children. Take care and keep those pictures coming. CONGRATS!!

Carolina Chocolate said...

Oh, thanks Carson! You mean the world to us.

And Grammybumble Bee, I didn't know you checked my blog. What a sweet surprise! Thank you to you too! Oh, and Happy Belated Birthday!

Rich said...

oh yeah, I was just showing this to Erika and remembered that the new Sisters Grimm book is out at the library.

I read the whole thing on Sunday, I couldn't put it down!!!

:)

Patrice said...

I too am sitting at the computer with tears dripping off my cheeks. Wow! What a wonderful day for your sweet little family. You guys are so dang cute!! You are far more than we ever hoped for, and gratitude fills our hearts every single day. Congratulations! We are so happy for you and are sending all our love...

Jason and Lacey said...

Yay! My heart is jumping for joy! What a great day! This is what life is all about! I love your sweet little family SO much! Congrats! Thank you a million times for being the great parents that you are.
Love you all!

Unknown said...

I'm so HAPPY for you. The gospel is a wonderful gift from our Heavenly Father.

Perky's Posts said...

You're family is gorgeous! I am so happy for you guys!

Gordon, Jamie, Evelyn, Claire and Bonnie said...

where are the tissues!?!?! It was such a special day and your family is just the cutest! We love you guys!

Hot Chocolate said...

Such good pictures! What a cute family! Sure wish we could have been there...