Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Beehive State- Part 7 of Our Trip

The weather was fabulous the entire trip. Not too hot during the day and heavenly cool evenings. We had great weather the day we visited Temple Square.

At the Visitor's Center, we walked the upward spiral ramp through space to view the famous Christus. E, of course, discovered the echo. If you know E, you know she has a distinct talent of popping her tongue on the roof of her mouth extremely loud. This is what she started to do as everyone was in hushed tones around the Christus. We then made our way through the Center on a tour about family, which was really good and brought tears to my eyes. However, I felt strange at times when someone would look at us, especially during the tour. If you can imagine, A walking around with 2 women and 5 children...I just got the feeling that they thought we were a polygamist family. And what was even more humorous, was that I mentioned it after the tour and Hot Chocolate said she felt the exact same way. We got a good laugh over it.

Here's the shot of the women and children. We're checking out the Tabernacle. It's where not only did the famous Mormon Tab Choir get their start, but from the pulpit you can hear someone speak, tear paper, and a pin drop without a microphone. Yeah...that's right.
Reflecting Pool in front of the Temple.
The girls walked around just about all bodies of water. I knew this one was going to end badly. As I took the picture, I told A that E was going to fall. If you observe closely, you'll notice that E is not watching where she's walking and that her feet are actually pointed towards the outer edge of the fountain. You'll also notice Aunt Hot Chocolate right behind E. She was swiftly walking behind the girls, and with E's next step, as she falls off the edge, Hot Chocolate swoops in and catches her! Ooo, she's good. We just love Hot Chocolate.
Hot Chocolate helping E and Cupcake walk around the reflecting Pool.
Puddin', Cupcake and E posing at the ornate doors of the Salt Lake Temple.
The girls singing I Love To See The Temple in their hymnals.
The boys...half way through the day.
We took a few family pictures, thanks to Kissable (don't you love their blog names?). I should post some of them. You remember the last attempt at a family photo, don't you?
I was spoiled as a child when I lived in Utah, the land of See's Chocolate and Mrs. Fields Cookies. I thought it was fitting to allow E the joyful experience of See's. Oh! It was scrumptious! E was happy to be around chocolate, but I was thrilled. I was giddy. I think I actually jumped and clapped at one point. That may have been when we got free samples. Or it could have been when I was creating my own box of chocolates...containing all my favorites.
The family cat, Max, tried to stay away from all little people while we were there, which means we rarely saw him. E would catch a glimpse of him occasionally and get so excited. She really wanted to pet him. Near the end of our trip Max was corned for a little pet. He wasn't happy. After one little stroke, Max turned to hiss. This being a big no no, he was quickly scooped up and scolded. E was oblivious to what just happened and she was all smiles. She turned to A full of excitement and says, "Did you hear that? He knows my name!!"
Pony ride off to bed.
Stay tuned. Family pictures coming up.

1 comment:

Hot Chocolate said...

We are still laughing about E's real name..."Hissssssssssssssssss".

And Hot Chocolate loves ya'll too. :)