Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Beehive State- Part 8 of Our Trip

I haven't had a family portrait done just yet, but I have attempted regular family pictures. Sometimes I like us to dress nice and other times it's just capturing real life. These are examples of real life from our real life adventure in Utah. It would have been nice to dress up for such a lovely day on Temple Square, but when you pack 4 outfits and your husband only packed 2 (he borrowed from his brother), you don't have much to choose from. If it were a portrait, I would have done things differently. I would have had: husband in at least a collar shirt with some color, E in more color, no tennis shoes or flip flops or in W's case...actually have shoes, W and O in something other than old rompers, W in his own size clothing, no sunglasses on the head, and E's hair a little more styled. Plus, if we were dressed up, I would have been upset when a bird decided to poop on my husband's head and shoulder. "Uh! You gotta be kiddin' me!" It was kind of funny, but I would not have been laughing if it happened to me. But anyway, I kinda like pictures like this, because it's a "real" portrait of our family.

Everyone's doing their own thing.
There were some pretty flowers just below us and A is trying to keep O from dropping down and eating them. W was full of wiggles and E was playing with the tall grass.
Look at these faces! Too funny.
Look at E. She was lovin' this.
Near the end...it was just pathetic.
This was the end. I'm not sure E was ever with us, O is slipping away, and W is off the deep end.

Here are a couple cute shots with the boys.

These were our favorite family shots. Thanks fam for taking the time to amuse us.


Stay tuned...there's more!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

LOVE the family pictures. You all look great and matching outfits are overrated :) All your posts make me miss you guys and Utah!

Jason and Lacey said...

I love the temple pics! It is so fun to take pictures at the Salt Lake Temple. You guys are such a beautiful family!