Thursday, July 9, 2009

Big O's Birthday Bash

I can't believe it. Our baby is ONE! Although he is the height and weight of the average 2 year old, he's still our sweet, cuddly baby boy and we just can't believe he's ONE!

We hung our traditional birthday banner.
O is our monkey, ape... gorilla. He clings to you, walks like one, waves objects over his head as he walks, and he has grunted like one since birth. So naturally, I made monkey cupcakes.
Pretty cute, huh?


He didn't hesitate. With a fist full of cupcake, he dug in to sweet goodness.
As usual, he has a little too much in his mouth.
You're not eating this, right?
Even with his forehead still bruised from Utah, he's so handsome!
After a bath, he opens his fabulous present, the Leapfrog abc spinning wheel thingy. It was as if he got gold. All siblings and cousins were continuously plotting to take it from one another.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

As always, I bow down to your mommy awesomeness. This year I pledge to think more than 24 hours ahead of time when it's time to make birthday cake. Because you do and therefore I am sure I can, too.........

Happy Birthday!

Carolina Chocolate said...

Too kind...but it's a little ironic Kim, because you are the QUEEN of making cakes!! ;) I bow to you, my friend!