Thursday, April 29, 2010

Guess Who's Two!

Our little man has turned TWO! It's amazing, I know.


On his birthday weekend we helped Grandma and Pa move into their new home. Grandma provided lemonade cake squares for the little man's birthday. He devoured them, which wasn't a surprise because he has such a sweet tooth, but I was surprised that his poop was exactly that color. Hot pink. Seriously.

Later that week, we decided to make a vacuum cake because, well, he LOVES everything about the vacuum. So... how was I, one who is not very good at cakes in the first place, going to pull off a vacuum?!

I cooked in several different cake pans- 8x8, mini loaf, and loaf pan. The upright portion of the vacuum was thinner than I wanted, so I had to stick bbq skewers through the cake to keep it upright. Then I attached an aluminum foil handle with a hose connected to it. It's a great touch and one of W's favorite attachments. It's actually the tube to pump up E's inflatable bed. The wheels are brownies.

The blue icing was E's idea. It's her favorite color. Red is also a favorite, and pink, and yellow, and green...but blue is her favorite color. She said W would really like it. There's an arch of aluminum foil where the vacuum light shines and then there's a chocolate cord.

We planned on having cake after dinner, but daddy had Scouts. So I kept the kids up until he got home. Unfortunately, gravity started working on this vacuum the second I put icing on it. It SLOWLY started to fall. By nightfall, it was pretty crooked, but still very tasty.

He loved it.
So did O.
So did Monsieur E, I mean Miss E.

2 comments:

Shelby said...

Very cute pictures of the kids - I love the one of O. I like the cake too. Very creative - I don't think I could have ever pulled off a vacuum.

Carson Knaphus said...

I am addicted to lemon bars. No matter what size batch I make, I eat them all in one or two days. Maybe W got that from me...I'm a super sweet tooth too. So cute. I love your blog major.