Sunday, October 24, 2010

September Weather

September rolls around when you've just about had it with hot and humid days. It's when I start to get that internal itch for a nice crisp breeze. I can't wait to see the leaves change color. I'm excited to see football just because it simply means jeans, sweaters and jackets. I feel a craving for soups, breads, and cookies. September, like I said, is when I start thinking these things. October is the perfect month because all of these things really do happen. September is in limbo. I'm thinking of cool days, but I can't break out the jeans and sweaters yet. It's still hot most days, but every once and awhile there's a cool day or the evening drops to a chill. Those are the days I think of Fall. And those are the days that my kids are confused.

 I usually do have clothing on all my kids. I can't remember why the boys did not. Oh well. Anyway, it was a very hot day. Boys are in diapers and sandals. E is in shorts and t-shirt.
 Cools off near evening. Instead of getting dressed, they want jacket and vests...and boots.
W- Ooo! It's cold, Mommy. 
Do you want some pants? 
No, I want my vest. 
Do you want better shoes? 
No, I want these. (The foam sandals that are WAY too small for him.)
They continued to play thinking it was too hot today, but feeling the chill. They'll love Fall.

No comments: