Thursday, June 30, 2011

Boy or Girl?

We went to the doctor today for the ultrasound. We really wanted to know if we're having a boy or a girl. E has been informing us since before conception that we'll be having another girl and she got upset when I sold a lot of my baby girl clothes in the last consignment sale. My sweet husband wanted another boy because he believes they're easier and cheaper. They basically need a ball and food. What? Just because a girl might cry over spilled milk, need a new dress for the dance, or has to have those shoes and those shoes doesn't mean...well, maybe he's right...partly. It all depends on the kid, right? Anyway...


We 



are



having



a


GIRL!

It's a good thing too because I only thought of a girl name and E really did have her heart set on a girl. I need to have a girl to help me teach the boys she said. She plans to have the baby in her room and take care of her in the middle of the night. Sounds great! Just this morning, before the appointment, E drew a picture of the family that included a little baby with hair down to her bum and declared that was her sister. We might have a baby boy I reminded her. No you're not. It's a girl. What do ya know? She's been telling me this since January. Another funny thing she said to me, before she knew about the baby, was Mommy, when are you going to have another baby? You need to have it soon...and Mommy, why don't you try to have it in your tummy this time, ok?

Well, E got her wish. It's a girl and we're thrilled! Still in awe, but thrilled.
Thanks for all the kinds words. We love it!

9 comments:

Suzanne said...

YEAH!!! You know, we love girls over here. I am sure E will be just like Emily. She is in LOVE with Abby. She changes diapers, picks out her clothes, rubs her face and just likes to stare at her. What a perfect addition to your family. Congrats!!

Gordon, Jamie, Evelyn, Claire and Bonnie said...

So excited about this! I can't wait to see your belly grow and to see what this little girl is going to look like!! I know E will be a perfect little mommy!! AND she'll have a cousin her age too!!!!!! :)

Jason and Lacey said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Carolina Chocolate said...

Thanks Lacey!!! We love you!

Aaron Johnston said...

Congrats! How fun for E to have a sister!

Can't wait to see you guys soon.

Lauren said...

The previous comment was from me - aaaack. I always do that!

Perky's Posts said...

I am sooooo happy for you guys! We are having our own little miracle in january!!! Hopefully all goes well this time!

Perky's Posts said...

We found out yesterday that we are having a girl too!!!!!!

Carolina Chocolate said...

Hooray! That is fantastic news about the baby...and it's a girl! How lucky she'll be to have big brothers to watch out for her.