Monday, October 6, 2008

Grandma's House

Going to Grandma and Pa's house is always a treat. So much joy surrounds this event that sometimes E doesn't know how to contain herself. She talks on her play phone with Pa explaining what we are packing and when we'll be there. She frantically runs around the house, yelps escaping her mouth, and constantly telling us that we're going to Pa and Grandma's house. As I pack things up, which takes hours because I constantly have to stop in order to help the kids with something like eat, potty, change diapers, put down for a nap...Anyway, she is right there instructing me on what to pack and where to put it. My little helper. Then as we finally get on our way, she is practically jumping out of her seat. It's a good thing she's strapped in. "Weuh ahmost theyuh!" She'll announce every 5 minutes. (Translated- We're almost there!) We saw my parents a few weeks ago, and as I packed, E broke from my side and decided to pack her own bag for the trip. She grabbed a paper bag and randomly threw objects inside- a book, her baby doll's blanket, a measuring cup, frying pan and spatula from her kitchen, sunglasses, and so on. She insisted I had to tie a scarf around her waist and she put her old Sunday shoes on her feet, which were a size too small. She walked into the kitchen and proudly announced she was ready to go.


She's getting so big!












They are so stinkin' cute.









After "fixing" her own hair (lovely, isn't it?) with Grandma's brush, E decided to brush W's hair. Afterall, it's long enough. I could put pony tails in his hair. I could braid his hair! He needs a haircut.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think Pa might like E a little bit, too!