Thursday, March 5, 2009

Be My Valentine

After sleeping in on Valentine's Day, E and A woke me up with a pink heart. Written upon the heart was a clever poem from my hubby, which led me on a treasure hunt through the house and solving clues along the way. It was fun and the poems were humorous and very touching. At the end, I found one of my favorite candy bars, which I haven't had in years...a king size Whatchamacallit. I love my hubby. You know...I think I can make a homemade version of that bar. That way we can spread the love all year long. I'll have to experiment.
E and I made Daddy a vase full of heart shaped flowers for his office. We cut hearts into potatoes and stamped them onto a grocery bag. Cut them out. Threw in some pipe cleaner and buttons. Arranged flowers. Ta-da! He loved them.


4 comments:

Aaron Johnston said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Carolina Chocolate said...

We miss you too. Let us know when you guys can come see us. Ahh...the poetry...I'm sure he'd love to write some for you. He's got talent!

Jason and Lacey said...

Those flowers are so cute! You are so creative! Where did you get that idea? Love it.

Melanie said...

Too fun!! Love seeing what you are doing - you still seem so far away! Once it gets warmer, the 3 or more of us sisters with little people need to have some play dates!!!