Friday, March 13, 2009

Girl Scout Cookies Anyone?

Majority of America is a fan of Girl Scout Cookies...the tiny boxes that hold enormous goodness. Growing up, my mom would buy these occasionally from a co-worker, who was selling them for her daughter. Even though my mom bought a box or two, we always complained over the high price we had to pay for only a few cookies. But it's hard to resist those Girl Scout Cookies, especially the Thin Mints and Samoas...mmmm, my favorite. For a lot of people, it's just hard to resist the actual Girl Scout who works hard to sell her cookies...it's rare, I know. It's been years since I've seen an actual little girl selling them. It's basically the adults hounding you to buy them. Back to Girl Scouts...years ago was the last time I had one approach my door to sell her cookies and I moaned. I didn't want to be rude. I didn't want to spend $4 for about 12 cookies. I opened the door and it was my 6 year old neighbor with her mom proudly standing on the sidewalk. I wanted to stick to my guns, just say no, I didn't need them....and that's when I heard it. The tiny purple box of Samoas screaming my name, just begging to be eaten. I tried to resist, asked a few dumb questions in order to stall while I had an inner struggle. The carmely Samoas were relentless...chanting, taunting me. I caved and bought a box. Never again I pledged. And I haven't.

I believe the sale is over in most places by now. The temptation has subsided. However, just thinking of those Samoas makes my mouth water. It's a good thing I found this site. It has recipes for homemade Girl Scout Cookies. Hooray!! Enjoy!

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

You know I love you, right? Samoas are my favorites. And Thin Mints. I've made a credible version of a Thin Mint but the Samoas are the ones I want. And now, I have to make them. And eat them. Alllllllll of them.

Carolina Chocolate said...

Awwwesome. Let me know how they turn out. I'm so glad I can help make a dream come true. ;)

Lauren said...

Why oh why did you share this? I've been so proud of myself for resisting those little girl scouts and now the recipe is right there at my fingertips. Arghhh!

Ryan and Rachel said...

Yeah, so you are my favorite now. We've created a blog so I can now be a part of the "cool" group! Hope everyone is doing alright!!

Hot Chocolate said...

Oreos and now this? What are you trying to do to womankind?

psssst....Samoas and the Mints are my favorite too. of course.