Thursday, March 5, 2009

Big Snow

We had our first decent snow at the beginning of February. By the time E and I got to the backyard, it had quickly started to melt. But it was still exciting. We're big fans of occasional snow. Despite our colds, we ventured out.


The boys didn't like being left behind.

Welcome March! March brought us a well deserved rain shower that turned into a fabulous snow storm. We were so excited. Reports were coming in about possible inches of snow and it kept climbing up to 5-10 inches. (Granted people, this is NC. We don't get good snows very often. Utah people are laughing I'm sure). Well, we got it! We got about 6 inches of beautiful snow. Now since it rained first we were concerned about losing power, so before the snow arrived, I got out our candles, had plenty of clothes out for the kids to bundle up, and gathered plenty of food to munch.
Look at her...she likes snow... I was surprised she stayed out for a couple hours.

We had the brilliant idea to use our laundry basket to sled down our backyard slopes. Daddy was getting a good workout pulling everyone around. E had a good time with her friend from up the street.

The boys came out this time. After several layers of clothes, sleepers, and big sister apparel, they were ready.

Since we were still sick, they weren't out too long.

Daddy even pulled me along and I was surprised at how fast we got. It reminded me of snow tubing when I was younger. But I soon found out Daddy's intentions...sharp turn and splat...right into the snow!

Thanks A!
Here's A about to take his turn down the slope. Our neighbor did the honors.

Now it's over...completely melted and Spring is on the way here. I think it's supposed to be 70 tomorrow. Ahh...that was a fun day. However, nothing like the week of snow fun we had back in January of 2000. THAT was awesome. I was back at school and we got hit with about 22 inches of snow. How could I be snowed in and not see A? Well, my sweet and daring fiance came to my rescue. Armed with snow boots, a shovel, and a trunk full of sand and mulch, he whisked me away to his parents house where we stayed snowed in for a week of wood burning fires, snowman building, hot chocolate drinking and movie watching. Now that was a good snow storm.

3 comments:

Rich said...

you guys are awesome. E looks so cute in her snow outfit!

Jason and Lacey said...

Oohhhh... I bet that was so much fun! That's funny you guys pulled each other around in a laundry basket! Ha ha ha

Melanie said...

Clever with the laundry basket!! Next year I am buying a big inner tube to have on hand. The boys all shared 1 sled. It was fun to take pictures of them.