Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Musical Chairs, Birthdays and Chick-Fil-A

Musical Chairs- We gather for Labor Day every year for brunch and games. Our traditional game of musical chairs was just as rambunctious.

Running with small children.
Pushing and or tripping others...Right J? Didn't you trip him?! Hee-hee
There's always a scuffle over a chair...this one got ugly.
Look at us...down to the last three.
We won!

O collecting shoes.
Playing with baby C. They both constantly giggled as E pushed her around the house.
The boys in Carolina gear. O's shirt says I'm the little brother and W's says I'm the big brother!
Birthdays- I share a birthday month with my mother-n-law. We surprised her with one of her favorite treats (M&M's) and stuck a candle in it.
Then she surprised me with a cake. Look at her beltin' out Happy Birthday! Gotta love it.
E helped Daddy make me an ice cream pie.
I like this shot because, yes, it shows my fabulous ice cream pie, but if you look at W in the background, you see he's wearing his cheese.


A surprised me with a homemade bench that will someday be in my large foyer or mudroom. He and a friend from the ward made it for me. It's really nice and the seat opens up for storage.
O loves the bench. He climbs on it and hurts himself often or he squats down inside the seat and can't get out. Recently, he balanced himself on the bench arm, fell forward to hold onto the kitchen hutch, and slid a piece of paper his way. The paper had E's crayons on it. After falling off of the bench, he took it upon himself to decorate my bench with several colors. I think I sucked in too much air when I walked into the kitchen and then my heart stopped for a second or two. Things like this happen when mommy goes to the bathroom.

You may have noticed that we were all in our Carolina shirts on for Labor Day. We were excited to strut our favorite team for the Chick-Fil-A give away. They were giving out free sandwiches if you wore a team shirt. So, we piled the kids in the van and got ourselves a free lunch. Then on our way home from festivities, we stopped for dinner...and then again a few more miles down the road. Mmmm...we love Chick-Fil-A!

2 comments:

Rich said...

hahaha - you guys are awesome. We missed you this Labor Day, and so glad to you all smiling and having a great time!

A - good work on the bench!

Unknown said...

you are so funny - "Things like this happen when mommy goes to the bathroom." hahaha .. so true, so true..