Monday, June 14, 2010

Ouch!

There was an accident, in which my poor baby got his face slammed into the driveway. I won't go into too many details because frankly, my heart still hurts over this whole disastrous event. Oh, the horror. The screams, the cries, the blood! The amount of blood that comes from the face is just crazy. Oh, and don't get me started on his chipped tooth! Oh, my heart.

I was there within two seconds to pick him up and try to talk to the other two, who were just as hysterical. They were all crying and E started waving her hands in the air screaming. He's bleeding! Look! He's bleeding! Oh Noooo! What are we going to do?! His face! He's bleeeeeediiiing!
Get in the house, just go in the house. I try to stop the bleeding. I call Daddy, who was in a budget meeting, to explain the situation. This is where I got emotional. My baby! He's still bleeding and his tooth! He chipped his tooth! Besides the thought of a concussion, A thought it wasn't as bad as it could have been. But, honey, his TOOTH!

Finally, the bleeding stopped and I assessed the damage. He got a bruise just under his hairline with a small scrape. The front and side of his nose were scraped up, his chin was scraped, and his lips were cut open from one side to the other. Then, of course, his chipped tooth. He also skinned his elbow and knee, but they were the least of my worries.


Here he is looking a little better. His face is still raw and we couldn't brush his teeth for several days because his mouth was so sore.



A few days later, he's still swollen and scabbed over, but in good spirits.

The dentist checked W out and thought he didn't bust his tooth hard enough to kill the nerves. But he wanted to see him again when W has healed up nicely. He's also planning to file down his jagged tooth.

It's been awhile since his accident. He's healed and back to himself. We haven't filed his tooth yet. It'll be soon though. I hope he takes it well. I hope I take it well.

3 comments:

Carson Knaphus said...

My heart wrenched as I read, not knowing which boy (but guessing) it would be, then scrolling down to see the photo of W - awwww...poor boy! Thanks for taking such good care of him.

Rich said...

OWWW! Poor little guy! He'll have to hang on to that tooth for a few more years, then a brand new one! :)

Gordon, Jamie, Evelyn, Claire and Bonnie said...

I have been waiting for this post since you told me the story when it happened! He looks great now that he is all healed up! Poor W! No more spills or chipped teeth!