Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A Goldfish Named Owie

Things were going swell. W bustin' his face, the kidney stone dilemma, O starting to bite people...you know, everyday normal stuff. So, I wasn't surprised when E falls backward and hits her head on the cement. The jawlike clip she was wearing disintegrated on impact, leaving a gash in her head. I didn't know this wound existed when I rushed to hold her. It didn't take long to realize my entire hand was wet and her hair was saturated with blood.

Surprisingly, I was extremely calm.

I cleaned her up and applied pressure until the bleeding stopped. Within a half hour it started again. Pressure. It stopped. We ate lunch. Started again.
So I called the doctor thinking we may have to go glue her head. Ten minutes later, I was loading my once sleeping babies into the car.

She was checked out and they felt like she didn't need anything. I was surprised. I really thought she would get some glue. But no. We just slowly watched her owie heal from the shape of a perfect goldfish to a scab that eventually flaked off.


No comments: