Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Surprise Beach Trip

Those in A's line of business had their semi-annual conference at a family favorite beach this year. It also happens to be near extended family. A wanted me and the kids to go with him, but I couldn't. There was no way I was going to be either trapped in a hotel room with my kids all day or try to venture out to a pool or beach by myself with all of them running in different directions. Plus, we don't have two pack-n-plays. AND, I was in charge of a ward activity that Friday evening. So...he left... all alone to a three day conference.
At about 5pm, he called. "Pack your stuff and get down here" was the first thing he said. WHAT? "It's family friendly. They have everything you need. They have a toddler pool and a playground. I already have two cribs in here and I'm leaving to get groceries now. I want you and the kids on the road in an hour...."

I managed to throw a bunch of stuff in suitcases and hit the road. After a quick dinner and 1 potty stop, we arrived at the hotel a little after 11pm. The kids were wide awake and super excited.

The kids ate breakfast while watching PBS the next morning.



She has never been on a bouncy bridge before and this is how she decided to cross it...on her knees, scooting backwards VERY slowly.

It was a first for the boys as well. I'm surprised O was cautious. Just copying big sis I guess.

He's small, but very determined and very capable.

Venturing to the beach.


Last year, O wouldn't get near the water. He sat in the sand and ate it. This year, He jumped right in the water!

W liked the pool better. Look at that cutie!

The kids danced to the Jamaican inspired steel and kettledrum band.

"I'm gonna lounge in the sun for a little while."

Swimming lessons paid off!

Playing nicely, filling a bucket with water.

Brother comes along and snatched the bucket. Screaming begins.

Brother dumps water and runs away. Crying continues.
Don't you love their Little Mermaid swim diapers? Ha!
O jumping in the water and E dancing.




I left Friday afternoon with the boys because I was in charge of a church activity. A stayed through Saturday with E so they could visit with my family. They were able to visit grandparents, great grandparents, and several aunts, uncles, and cousins.

Swimming with a couple cousins.

Look at E.G. She's got form!

I wish I could have been there. E had a great time with everyone!
The beach was really fun, and yes, very family friendly.
We're looking forward to our next family beach trip soon.

No comments: