Saturday, August 13, 2011

Flutterby

We visited the The Butterfly House when the family was in town. It's basically a giant butterfly farm at someone's house. It's a sweet setup though. They have an all about butterflies presentation with the kids and when you're not in the 'house' you get to play with toys and run through a mister.
 Volunteers for the presentation.

 Running through the mister.

The House
 
 They have a million butterflies flying around who were born right there on a little leaf.

 W was shy, then thrilled over the experience. But after awhile, he thought it was funny to throw rocks at the butterflies. Yeah...I had to keep an eye on him. Near the end of our visit, he was more interested in the wiring of the place. I caught him eying the rotating fan by the front door and got him just before he unplugged it. I then caught him opening the back door with butterflies trying to escape.
 O was nervous and then terrified. He ran from them and that created more problems because butterflies were everywhere, even the ground. He joined in on the rock throwing, but near the end he was clinging to me wanting to leave.
 It was funny to see where they would land. Cousin E got several on her head.
 They loved E's hair too. I think she had one attached somewhere on her the entire time.

 I even had them landing on my camera!
 Cousin V had them everywhere. I think he had 5 or 6 here and he was afraid to move.

We had a fluttering good time!

No comments: