Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Adjusting With The New Baby

Adjusting...slowly adjusting.
Now that I think about it, when you're raising kids, you're constantly adjusting. No matter what stage of life you or your kids are in, everyone is constantly changing and growing. There are several life events that are stressful for people. Bringing home a new baby may not be in the top five, but it sure is a big stress in my book. Not only am I caring for a newborn, but my body is healing, we're learning to breastfeed, the kids have another sibling to share mommy and daddy's time, and we all seem to be running on less sleep. We're adjusting to new routines, more laundry, way more doctor appointments, more conflicts, more messes, less privacy, and less time to get things done. It's a juggling act, and as of right now, I'm not a good juggler. But, of course, you hear the cliche comment that everyone says, Oh, enjoy every moment. This time goes by so fast!  ( Have you read this funny article? ) I would love to snuggle with my immobile baby longer than a few months, but I'd also love to fast forward the age of three. Anyway...I'm rambling. 

Adjusting... that is what we are doing. 

She is all smiles.
She is quite the conversationalist.
Everyone wants to be near Baby H.
 We all love to hear her laugh, hiccup, or sneeze. She's the new entertainment around here.
Even Daddy can't resist holding her, despite his work load.

2 comments:

Gordon, Jamie, Evelyn, Claire and Bonnie said...

I just love her! I need to see her and hold her and smell her newness again! She is so sweet and cute! I love how little she is in A's hands! You are doing great momma! Carpe Diem!! just kidding!! LOL!

Carolina Chocolate said...

THANKS!