Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Here She Comes

After my water broke, I was quickly wheeled to my delivery room. I was checked again and surprisingly, I was a 7-8. Epidural? Yes! I want it now!
Hold still he says as he prepares to stab me in the back with his massive sword like needle. How is that possible when I have contractions back to back, I'm about to throw up again, and I'm shaking all over? Ouch! It's not possible, but he stuck me anyway.
The nurse said I would probably deliver within the hour, however, it soon became obvious that I wouldn't. Great. It was fabulous to have an epidural, but it slowed my contractions WAY down. 
We were there for the night. My little womb kicker was sure taking her time.
The next morning I was exhausted. It was my 3rd day without sleep and I hadn't had my baby yet! The doctor came to check on me and discovered my baby was face up instead of down. So, they positioned my body a specific way, hoping the baby will turn on her own. It was amazing to feel her twisting and turning, preparing to make her debut.
Here she comes!
Dr. L was anxious to meet her.
Once he sat down, I gave a few pushes. He then lifted his hands in the air and laughed. Look at this! This is amazing. Dad, look at this as he pointed down. Mom, sit up and look at this. Now I didn't plan on watching any of this unfold, but I didn't think, and quickly sat up to see what he was talking about. I don't have to do a thing the doctor said with a smile. We all sat and watched my baby's head slowly make it's way out on its own. It was quite amazing.
She gave a hearty cry as she kicked the doctor.
She had a head full of dark hair.
She was 7 lbs 10 ounces and 21 inches long.
Dark blue eyes, lazy baby toes, fuzzy ears, and a sweet dimple in her left cheek.
Baby H was finally here and she's perfect.
Very calm, quite alert, oh so soft, and just heavenly.
We have been so blessed to have this little miracle come into our lives.

4 comments:

Carson Knaphus said...

I just...I am so pleased that you now have gotten to experience our end of it! It's amazing, isn't it?

Carolina Chocolate said...

I know...we're even more grateful.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Carolina Chocolate said...

THANK YOU Pam! It was so great to hear from you! I'm curious as to how you doing. Email us!