Thursday, June 14, 2012

Blessing Day

Daddy blessed Baby H on the 12th of February. We were happy to have a lot of family members there to join us at church. The morning was a blur as we frantically got everyone ready, and in our haste, we forgot our camera (insert hysterical scream). Daddy had his phone, as well as everyone else, and I'm extremely grateful, but it wasn't the same. So most of our pictures were at home, after the event. We had to work fast. H was getting tired...we  were all tired.

 


The dress was handmade by my great grandmother on my mom's side. It was sewn for her baby blessing and throughout the years my uncles, siblings and cousins have all been blessed in this beautiful dress. Now my kids, along with their cousins, have been able to wear it for their blessing. Baby H is the last one for now, so I have become the keeper of the blessing dress.
Happy day!






The Girls





She's a talker.



 It was a cold day so we opted to take a group photo inside. Too bad the picture was taken by the shaky hand of a bystander.
We even had the bystander take several shots...just in case. These were the best ones!
Grandma, Pa, and my little nephew, W, with Baby H.
 Laughing with Baby H.

Oh...so sweet. She loves her Grandma!

2 comments:

Ryan and Rachel said...

I hate that we missed the picture but glad we were able to be there for the blessing!!

Carolina Chocolate said...

Oh, I'm so glad you guys were there! We really appreciated it, especially since you guys had something else planned that day.