Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Sing Louder

We went caroling at a retirement community with a few family members shortly before Christmas. I didn't plan on singing much because of a couple different reasons, but I quickly realized that I had to sing and pretend to enjoy it.
We chose this facility because it is where A's Grandfather lived before he passed away. Those who live there were thrilled to see us and thoroughly enjoyed our impromptu performance. They sat in the hallways and opened their doors, ready to greet us and sing along. They also loved to see the kids!
It was a neat experience and there are plans to do it again next year. I think we would all agree that it was special to see a sparkle in the eyes of the elderly as we sang.
The gang laughed out loud as they watch their cousin smash blocks of snow on his head.

Still full of giggles, we took pictures of the kids while driving home.

Because of this event, O can now hum Jingle Bells.
Oh, and I'll probably brush up on the lyrics of some songs because we sang multiple verses with no words in front of us. Eek. And maybe next year we'll have all the song titles in mind beforehand, instead of throwing one out there like O Holy Night. What was that? A miracle, I tell you. It was a miracle we got through that song. Good times.

1 comment:

Gordon, Jamie, Evelyn, Claire and Bonnie said...

I am going to hold back my laughter...oh I can't - BAAAAHAAHAA! It looks and sounds like it turned out to be a great night! Sorry we missed it - maybe next year!! :)