Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day L

Well...here goes something. This is my first and perhaps last ever blog post. If L knew what I was doing she might have changed her password. I mean, this is her blog. But, since she doesn't know and she didn't change her password I'll keep on writing and suffer the consequences.

This post is about her and why she deserves my love and respect.

Her job is to manage the affairs of three wonderful yes, but also energy demanding, undersized employees. She also has to tolerate a very busy schedule from her business partner A (that's me). Between working late, working nights, and church callings, there are so many nights and evenings when she is pulling her weight plus mine. I love and respect her for all she does.

L is also very talented. I love and respect her drive to be creative. Halloween, church activities, home decor. You who read her blog know of what I speak. Blogs don't accurately capture the late nights and millions of bowls of ice cream that help us through.

L is very beautiful. Outward beauty alone would be a superficial reason to love and respect someone. Alas, she can't help being beautiful and I can't help noticing so I accept that I'll just have to live with it.

L is a very hard worker. She is self-driven once she gets started on a project be it cleaning, organizing, sewing, or painting. She doesn't distract as easily as, let's say her business partner, for example. She deserves and has earned my love and respect for that.

L is a great teacher. Though she doesn't always feel or admit it, she does work hard to help E and the boys. She often wishes she could do more, but who doesn't? I love and respect the effort and outcomes she puts into educating the staff.

L is no quitter. When things get rough she regroups and keeps going. She loves her family and her friends and she tries to do the right thing. I value her opinion and can't imagine my life without her.

I could go on but I will be late to work so I must go. I love and respect L with all my heart. She is my best friend and I hope she knows that I will always be there (or here) for her. Happy Valentine's Day.

Note to readers, L may be completely aghast when she discovers that I have written on her blog without permission and about her no less. Please ask questions if my picture conspicuously disappears from future blog posts.

A

2 comments:

Carolina Chocolate said...

Oh! That sneaky little devil. Surprised? Yes! But it was very sweet and I sure love ya. Happy Valentine's Day!

Carson Knaphus said...

OMG! I totally cried! This is so amazing and sweet. A perfect Valentine's Day present.

(My husband came and watched me ZUMBA for my present - perfect as well).