Monday, February 21, 2011

We're Sick

We've been pretty fortunate this Winter to not have too much sickness. We've had a few colds, but nothing like the flu. Right now we've had another round of colds sweep through the family. Lovely germs hitchhiked their way into our house via E. She had a cold for several days. It then passed to Daddy, then O, and although I was so sure I wouldn't get it, it hit me Saturday...like a ton of bricks. How did W not get it? Sure enough, he was hit this morning.With sheer terror on his face, he yells Mommy!! I have a runny nose! and he runs for the tissue with his hand over his face. He has been very good about his snot etiquette.

At breakfast this morning, E was looking at me with an odd expression on her face. I was talking to the boys, and because of my cold, my voice is a an octave lower. E shakes her head.

E: Mommy, why are you talking like that? You're not supposed to talk like a boy.
Me: (Laughing)...I can't help it. My cold has changed my voice a little.
E: Just clear your throat. Like this (pretends to cough and clear throat).

Thanks E. I'll remember that.

1 comment:

Shelby said...

HAhaha! Don't talk like a boy, mommy! (She's just jealous you are stealing one of her voices.) You guys better get well quick. No bringing snot to Grandma's house in two weeks!