Thursday, September 22, 2011

Can You Make More Bread?

My Grandma stayed with my parents for about a week or so. I headed over to visit, as well as my sister. It was nice to see her and devour her classic Pone Bread. A Southern bread. A bread that used to be cooked in fireplaces, iron pots, or on coals. A bread that my Grandma has never measured ingredients for and she mixes the batter by hand.

I should have taken pictures of each step, but I was a little slow to think of it.
I got a few shots though and watched her make it. I atleast know that a dark pan is necessary for browning.
The dough is slightly runny and easy to spread in the pan.
Ready to bake.
When the bread comes out of the hot oven, my Grandma cuts each piece and slathers butter all over it. Some may like jam and some enjoy tomato slices.
It really isn't the healthiest bread for you, but she made a pan almost every day and it was devoured in minutes by all of us. The kids loved it for sure.

No comments: