Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Let's Meet Her

The teacher that is. The one who will take care of my baby while she's at school. The one who will teach her the ropes, and hopefully, challenge her educationally. E was a little nervous about being inside the school and meeting her teacher.

She was so excited to find her classroom, as well as her name all over the place. She loved sitting in her spot at her table. This was the first spot. It has since changed about 6 times. From what I gather, E has been placed several times next to others who do not behave very well. She doesn't like it. I don't either, but I understand why the teacher does it. I just hope E finds good friends.
E with her teacher, Mrs. B. She's a spunky woman and her wonderful reputation is well known throughout the entire city. Seriously.
After the classroom, we toured the school. I made sure E knew her way around. We saw the cafeteria, the gym, the media center, the bathrooms, the art room, the music room, and the computer lab. We even visited a second grade and a fifth grade classroom. Just to make sure she knew where to go, I spun her around in an atrium full of people and asked her to find her classroom. There was no hesitation. She knew right away by looking at specific signs. Phew!
The boys were interested and wanted to stray, but I made them stay next to me. It was so crowded there! I had O in an umbrella stroller, which was a little small for him, but I thought I'd have better success with O confined and W walking next to me. For the most part, I did; however, he wandered a bit and O struggled almost the whole time to get out and move. At one point, he was literally walking with the stroller strapped to his back! I wish I took a picture of it!
We all survived the evening. E felt much more at ease about starting school...and so did I.

No comments: