Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Getting Ready

Along with the school supplies, the classroom supplies, the backpack, lunchbox, a few new pieces of clothing, new shoes, socks and cute little underwear with butterflies and polk-a-dots, we also got E ready for school by playing on the PreK- 1st Grade playground at her school.

 I mean, she needs to feel comfortable on the playground, right? This is where she'll be fancy free. It is at recess that she'll be able to run, dance, and pretend the world is hers to entertain. It's E time.
The boys enjoyed the play time too. E showed them everything on the playground with great excitement. She also instructed them on what to do...how to climb up the ladder, how to slide down the slide, how to swing on the monkey bars.
Even I got in the spirit as I remembered the old days of swinging away on the bars in elementary school. My friends and I would play on them just about every day. We knew all kinds of tricks, upside down hand claps, and even THE Cherry Drop, which my older sister broke her arm doing, but I never did. But I quickly learned that a pregnant mom of three shouldn't act upon her childhood memories of monkey bar swinging. I think I pulled a muscle. It just wasn't as fun.
W peeking through the tunnel.
O peeking through.

2 comments:

Shelby said...

L- I need more. I know that you stay updated on your blog more consistently than I do, but come on. Where are the 1st day of K pics already? And the beach?! We are waiting, L, we are waiting... :)

P.S. I like the monkey bar comments. I did the same thing when taking Laurel to the park. I was going to "show her how" to use them. HA! I got across about 3 or 4 bars before I knew I was going to injure myself severely. Funny. Funny...

Carolina Chocolate said...

Oh, come on! I'm doing...the best...I...can.

Oh boy, I laughed at your comment. Oh, the vision. The comment "show her how" reminds me of my kids when they say "watch this." It just never goes well....I'm still laughing.