Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Birthday Girl!

We've got a birthday girl over here!
It was really busy in October and just a TAD stressful. Yikes. By the time E's birthday approached, A and I were exhausted. We planned a small gathering of both sets of grandparents and cousins E and C. But physically, I just about reached my limit, so I canceled it. I then felt guilty. I really wanted her to have a little celebration with family. It was back on. But after another late night of activities, it was canceled again. Uncle G wanted me to sleep on it. Thanks G. After church the next morning, party on...for that afternoon. We didn't have much planned. We threw some snacks together- seven layer dip and chips, grapes, veggie tray, peanuts and lemonade. I literally threw a cake in the oven and hoped for the best. My mom came over a little before the party and helped whip up some frosting and I splattered it on the cake as everyone arrived. It's not a beauty, but it came together fast and E loved it!
Four Years Old!? I can't believe it.
Curious George Cake
Cute cousins.
It's fun to watch E open gifts because she truly likes everything she gets. Her mouth drops open, eyes open wide, and she screams with delight. Very entertaining. She's also good about saying Thank You.
She loved her books and cards.
She really enjoyed opening her gifts from L and the Q Family. Very thoughtful and very cute! Just to let you know, she yelled out a big "Thank you L!" or "Thank you Q Family!" after opening your gifts.
I hope you heard that. ;)

This time, it was her idea to make Thank You cards and she's looking forward to mailing them.
After screaming, she then hugged her Curious George Activity Book. Mommy and Daddy also gave her The Little People Farm and she can't get enough of it.

E loved every moment of our little gathering and I want to thank everyone for your thoughtfulness, your support, and love. It was a crazy couple weeks there, but I'm so glad we pulled it off. E enjoyed her company, especially the one who can make teeth out of candy corn! ;)

3 comments:

Rich said...

hey! wow, she is starting to grow up and she is beautiful!

Patrice said...

So fun to get a little peak into E's birthday. I can't believe she is four years old! CRAZY! She is so pretty! Looks like you had an awesome Halloween as well. You really out-do yourself on the costumes L. Very impressive and oh so cute!!

Kimberly said...

What I love is that this proves that kids are so happy without the big huge expense and time investment. Sounds like "party in a minute" should be the way to go every time! You are great. Your family is just so freaking awesome!