Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Trick or Treat

This year we ventured off to A's childhood neighborhood. It's a great neighborhood, perfect for trick or treaters. Plus, one of the neighbors hosted a party for everyone...for the whole neighborhood...with lots of food...it was amazing. So, we started walking around before the party and it only took E a few houses to get warmed up. She had her cousin J there for support...and to trick or treat with...he wasn't really supposed to, but he was with us and not his parents...what do you do?




Here we are at the party. They had a huge smorgasbord of food to choose from.. and we did.

We were both nervous about the scare factor with E. She didn't notice too much though because of all the people around her. If she did notice something, we talked about it and noted how silly it was. The hostess had a graveyard with tombstones, lights and sounds, and smoke. She had ghosts, goblins, and witches in trees and all over the actual house.

Off to trick or treat with more family and cousins.
E and E, the Pirate Princess
We really had a great time with only one horrifying moment for E. I blame myself, I should have known better. I walked E up a driveway where she met her cousins at the front porch. As they were getting candy, I decided to walk back to the street with all of the other adults. I actually thought it may not be a good idea to move, but I did it quickly, thinking all the kids would leave together and she would come my way. Well, she turned to find me on the driveway and the cousins left her on the porch. I walked in the yard towards her, waving my arm, yelling to her that I was right there. She couldn't hear me over her screams. I jogged towards her and scooped her up, quickly trying to get her to breath! After some comfort, we made sure that all cousins left the doorsteps together. E had me walk with her to each front door for most of the evening, which was fine, I had fun with her. By the end though, she was back to walking with her cousins. Hooray!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your costumes turned out SUPER cute. You did a great job. Dang, when did you get so good at sewing?

Carolina Chocolate said...

THANKS! The sewing thing has been a long learning process, especially since I change patterns or make them up or just do them completely wrong...and that just adds to the frustration. But it's fun. Now that you have a machine, you can start a lovely learning process of your own! I'm excited to see the tents your making. I've been fighting the urge to do a similar project. I've got other projects to finish...and hopefully, I will get them finished. Hopefully.

Anonymous said...

Awesome, AWEsome, AWESOME costumes. You guys looked great! Now, the trick is to top it next year! Better get started!