Thursday, December 23, 2010

If You Could Choose Any Treat...

What would you like?

 That's my girl.

E had a doctor's appointment to remove a skin tag. She was very nervous. The worst part was the needle to numb the area before cutting off the skin. It took two of us to hold her down. It wasn't fun. I did my best to distract her (as if you can distract someone from getting a huge needle stuck into their body). I praised her with how well she was doing, and surprisingly, she calmed down rather fast and only shed a few tears. The doctor was extremely impressed with how well she reacted. Hooray!

So, for a fun reward to help her feel better and because she was so great with the doctor, I let her pick out a treat at the store. What did she pick without a single word from me?
Oreos.
Awesome.
Everyone loved her special treat.

1 comment:

Carson Knaphus said...

My nephew LOVES mint oreos. He is only 2 (a bit younger than W), but he twists off the top, eats the cream, and discards the actual cookie part.