Friday, December 3, 2010

November News

Happenings in November

 It's been years since E has gotten stuck under furniture. Since it's been so long, it scared her...and she cried. But when I laughed at the situation, she couldn't help but laugh as well. I mean, come on...stuck under a high chair? Turns out her hair was caught under the chair leg. We both got a good laugh.

 I'm not a pie person. I never have been. I don't eat them and I certainly don't make them. Why make something I won't eat? Well, my husband is the opposite and has secretly been waiting for the day when I'd bake him a pie. The day finally arrived when I created an apple pie full of sugary spiced goodness. He was ecstatic. He rushed to the store for ice cream and practically ate the whole thing. As a side note, I do eat ice cream pie. Not surprised, eh? 

 For the first time, the boys have gone outside to play by themselves.Without me. Without Daddy. Without E. It only lasted a short time, but how fabulous is that? 
Oh, and we just made our last batch of salsa. Can you believe our garden produced until November? It's been great. A just recently cut down the garden and put the wire stakes and fencing away.

 E has always eaten straight from the garden or from the collection of vegetables on the counter top. One night E came into the room sucking air through her teeth rather forcefully. As A and I were talking, she sat down near us and continued to suck air. Her eyes seemed to be tearing up. Are you ok, E? My mouth is really hot (suck air). Why? I ate a pepper (suck air). What kind of pepper? A green one (suck air). A big green one or a small jalapeno one? A jalapeno (suck air). She started to whimper as A took her to get some milk. I don't like that pepper she said as she gulped her milk.

 E is practicing riding her bike. It's been a long process, especially since her brothers always try to commandeer the bicycle. Here, we were practicing going downhill with bumps. O took over once she got to the bottom. She gave up and started rolling in the grass. What is O doing? He's taking off the tire cap and trying to let the air out of the tire.
Oh, Brother.

1 comment:

Hot Chocolate said...

Cute pics.

And, um, ya. Bag the pie. Go for the ice cream.