Saturday, January 31, 2009

First Date

We finally got ourselves out of the house on a real date! This is a first since having all three kids. Crazy. My hubby got free tickets to the UNC game vs Miami, so we hit the road for dinner and a game.

My sister-n-law and nephew came over to watch the kids for the evening. (Thanks again!) Our intention was too leave early and enjoy a nice restaurant in the Chapel Hill area before the game started, however, we were running late. We knew it would be almost impossible to get into a restaurant. Out of curiosity, we checked 2 places...at least a
90 minute wait...what?! We laughed our way to Chick-fil-A. Scrumptious! Before we left, we got some shakes, and I must say, they were pretty good and much larger than I imagined. They're now part of my top 5 shakes, behind Cook Out and Dairy Queen.

Off to the game. As we drove, A asked if it was ok if we walked to the game instead of taking the shuttle bus. Sure! No problem. I'm all for saving $10. He neglected to mention that it was a 20 minute walk and it was 35 degrees out. Ok...I'll warm up as we walk....nope. Since we just had shakes, it was as if we were being frozen from the inside out. My lungs felt like they had chunks of ice in them. We warmed up quickly once we were at the sports arena and we quickly discovered how sweet our seats were. No one sat in front of us, just a railing to put our feet up on...niiiice! A couple from A's work sat on his right and I had the sheer pleasure of sitting cozy with Mr. Tipsy on my left. A lovely man, yet reeked of alcohol and had several wild outbursts of enjoyment. He tried so hard to be polite and chit chat with me..."So, do you come to the games often?", "Do you get season tickets?", "Do you get to see the games much?"....I repeated my brief answers, he may not remember me in the morning.

The game really was awesome. If you saw it on tv, you may remember how intense it had gotten. The excitement was ten fold in the arena. UNC won...we had a great time being together.

I took several photos of the event. Enjoy the slide show.



2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Andy is, of course, super jealous about your UNC tickets, but I am glad you guys went on your "first date."

Will you send Andy an email he has "urgent gossip" he needs to discuss with you and I have a question about your hubbie's job. His email is andrew.morris.unc@gmail.com.

Jason and Lacey said...

Oh how fun! We go to Utah Jazz basketball games a lot and they are a blast!